Taking Care of Yourself After Abdominoplasty
Following your Scottsdale abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) surgery, you should take the time to let your body heal at its own rate. Each patient is different and your recovery will not be exactly like anyone else’s recovery. In general, keep these care tips in mind:
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home from our facility.
- Have an adult stay with you for at least 24 hours following surgery.
- Drink water to keep yourself hydrated and help your body flush out the medications used during surgery.
- Walk around your house to increase blood flow and aid your recovery.
- Avoid strenuous activity.
- Wear your compression garment.
Remember that taking care of yourself sometimes requires the helping hand of a friend or loved one. You will need to ease back into your normal activities. Having someone you can rely on to provide 24-hour care the first few days after surgery and as needed during the rest of your recovery will relieve the stressful demands that everyday life can put on you.
If you want to know more about what to expect during your abdominoplasty recovery, please contact Richard J. Brown, MD today to schedule your Scottsdale abdominoplasty consultation.