Size, Shape and More: Choosing Your Perfect Breast Implants
Step 1: Decide to have a breast augmentation.
Step 2: Choose your breast implants.
Deciding to have a breast augmentation can be a difficult decision. But then you have to decide how you want them to look, what you want them filled with and what size you prefer. Breast augmentation surgery has come a long way, leaving patients with a list of choices to make.
Dr. Brown spends time with each of his breast augmentation patients to discuss his expert opinion when it comes to which implants will be best. But, as with all surgeries, it helps to have an idea that you can discuss with your plastic surgeon.
There’s a few different choices you’ll have to make when it comes to your implants.
Choose Your Breast Implants: Style
- Round Implants – Can make breasts appear fuller, more projected.
- Teardrop Implants – Resemble a more natural shaped breast.
Choose Your Breast Implants: Type
- Saline – Filled with sterile salt water.
- Silicone – Filled with silicone gel.
- Gummy Bear – Shaped implant, filled with silicone, thicker than traditional silicone. Holds its shape if ruptured.
Choose Your Breast Implants: Size
- This will need to be discussed with your surgeon. Together, you can decide what will fit your proportions the best. We advise that you bring a picture to reference the look you want, if possible.
Related: Silicone vs. Saline Breast Implants
Along with these 3 choices, you’ll also have to decide who you want to perform your surgery. This should be the easiest part! Dr. Brown is the top breast augmentation surgeon in Scottsdale and Sun City, also specializing in breast reconstruction following a mastectomy.
If you’re ready to schedule your consultation with Dr. Brown, Sun City and Scottsdale plastic surgeon, call 480-568-3804. We can’t wait to help you achieve the body you desire!